Well, skincare we already discussed how I liked the pomander balls….now here is how they were made:
1. Beheaded LOTS of mums!
2. Went glue gun CRAZY!
Nah, viagra order seriously, these are the changes that I made to the pomander idea:
Reagents (sorry, can’t take the scientist out of me!):
One: Proceeded to behead the mums, separating the mum flowers, the leaves and the stems. Separated the leaves from some of their plastic “frame” using an exacto knife; this allowed for easier gluing later.
Two: I made a hole in the center of each ball…it would have been difficult to do so after the gluing process! Notice what I am using to make the hole? Yep, the stick where the silk mums came in. Isn’t that crafty of me?
Three: Using the stick again, I pushed the ribbon through the hole.
Four: Since I wanted the balls to look more like small “arrangements” I wanted to add a little bit of green (rather than end up with a sea of undistinguishable red) by using the leaves so I glued them to the base of each mum. About 2-4 leaves per mum. I really wanted the green to peek out here and there…
Five: Glued the flowers to the ball. I had a scheme for this; to make them look even, I would glue the first flower and surround it with flowers…sort of like a honeycomb of flowers.
Six: every so often I would ad a little bit of the “fall spring of color” to add a little bit of interestingness to the ball.
Seven: Since I wanted one of the sides to lie flat against the pew, I covered one side with leaves only (this sort of also made them look like certain white-flower arrangements that are placed in bride’s homes in Mexico on their wedding day)…I guess this makes them technically semi-circles.
Now, tie the ribbon (make a small bow at the end) and…
all done! now, tie a little knot (or bow as I did) on the ribbon and you’re ready to hang them on the pews!
….now if I could only find someone else that needs them…